Lesson: A prepared heart has no fear of death and what lies beyond.
- Review the thought starter at the beginning of the chapter. What thoughts were started?
- Review the lead Bible verse. What does it say to you? Did you observe yourself in relation to the verse? Did you observe others in relation to the verse? Did you find any additional verses?
- What is your response to the lesson at the end of the chapter?
- When company comes, we scramble around to straighten up the house. What do we need to do to prepare for Jesus’ coming?
- What do you suppose will be involved in the judgment mentioned in Hebrews 9:27?
- How much time, effort, and money do you invest in preparing for your vocation? Doing your job? Holding up your end of the family? Interacting with people? Recreation? Preparing to die?
- An athlete who loves his sport keeps reviewing the rules. The one who loves God keeps reviewing the commandments. Discuss.
- Discuss the two sides to Matthew 22:39.
¹”The Ship,” author unknown, Poems That Live Forever, Hazel Felleman, ed. (Doubleday, 1965).
Has this lesson helped you? Contact us to share how, or to report any broken links.
Continue on to Lesson 15.